Yard Worker - Pensacola, FL
Location: Pensacola, FL
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 25-24-5794
Do you like the sound of a fast-paced job where no two days of work are ever the same? Are you comfortable multi-tasking and doing whatever it takes to make sure operations are flowing smoothly? Do you take pride in your work and pay attention to detail? Well if this describes you, then we have an excellent opportunity for you as a Yard Worker!
The job responsibilities may include the following:
- Loading and unloading freight haulers or railcars, including vehicles, equipment, merchandise, materials, etc.
- Detailing and inspecting all freight and equipment before transporting.
- Performing service on vehicles and heavy equipment including oil change and checking for fluid or coolant leaks.
- Moving equipment and materials with a forklift, tractor, electric pallet jack, or other tools and equipment.
- Entering damaged equipment into a database daily.
- Building and completing customer orders, preparing merchandise, equipment, and materials for distribution.
- Coordinating train logistics to move freight/passenger railcars to fit the planned configuration or to load/unload freight.
- Carrying out and coordinating activities of workers in the rail yard.
- Ensuring trains are carrying the correct material before leaving the yard.
- Training new yard employees.
- Cleaning and maintaining yard moving equipment on a regular basis.
- Maintaining updated task reports.
- Assisting with a variety of yard tasks as necessary.
You will also need to:
- Have physical strength, hand-eye coordination, visual, depth perception, hearing, and ability to concentrate on job responsibilities.
- Be able to understand and communicate information. English language is also essential.
- Have a minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be continually attentive and mindful of your surroundings to keep yourself and co-workers safe.
- Obtain required technical knowledge and regular training to operate equipment.
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Familiarity working in warehouse, shipyard or factory, and with machines, tools and equipment.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Carry or lift heavy objects and to squat, kneel down, bend, or crawl in awkward positions.
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions, including extended hours, evenings, nights, or weekends.
- Prior experience in distribution, shipping, plant, construction or related field, strongly preferred.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — this job will keep you busy and constantly engaged throughout the day.
- Communication skills — provide information to and coordinating with supervisors and co-workers to carry out daily responsibilities.
- Learning opportunity — a chance to learn a wide variety of skills and specialized industry knowledge.
- Teaching & mentoring skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training and advancement to senior positions, and supervisory or management positions.