Yard Truck Operator - Transportation Job in Monroe, LA
Location: Monroe, LA
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 25-33-2405
Do you like to drive tractor-trailers and flatbeds? Have you ever felt that you were meant for a life on the road? Do you take pride in your work… getting the job done on time… and providing a vital service? If so, then we want to talk to you about an opportunity as Yard Truck Operator.
Yard Truck Operator responsibilities may include the following:
- Operating a semi truck or yard tractor to move trailers around the truck yard for loading and unloading purposes.
- Backing up a semi truck or yard tractor to dock doors for loading and unloading purposes.
- Operating other equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Cleaning out trailers.
- Monitoring refrigerated trailers.
- Performing other duties as necessary.
- A current Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- Have physical strength, hand-eye coordination, depth perception, and the ability to concentrate on job responsibilities.
- Have good organizational and time management skills.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be continually attentive and mindful of your surroundings to keep yourself and co-workers safe.
- Be able to understand and communicate information. English language is also essential.
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Carry or lift heavy objects and to squat, kneel, bend, or crawl in awkward positions.
- Work late or overnight shifts, if needed.
- Staying active — This job will keep you busy and constantly moving throughout the day.
- Communication skills — provide information and coordinating with supervisors and co-workers to carry out daily responsibilities.
- Learning opportunity — a chance to learn a wide variety of skills and industry knowledge.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training and advancement to supervisory, management and skilled positions.
Your GainWhat you may gain while on the job:
You will need to have the following: :