Warehouse Worker - Durham, NC
Location: Durham, NC
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 37-75-5972
Do you like working in fast-paced, active environment? Are you detail oriented with an eye for quality? Are you good at packing, unpacking, and inspecting items? And do you take pride in job well done? Well if these skills, interests, and abilities describe you, then we’d love to talk to you about a Warehouse Worker position.
The job responsibilities may include the following:
- Preparing and completing product orders for on-time delivery, pickup, or transfer around a warehouse.
- Performing inventory controls and maintaining high standards for quality and audits.
- Reporting any defects or discrepancies.
- Receiving, processing, inspecting, and storing materials, including picking, packing and scanning orders.
- Feeding or removing material to and from machines.
- Gaining proficiency with inventory software, databases and systems.
- Keeping a safe and clean working environment, optimizing the use of space.
- Operating warehouse vehicles and equipment along with necessary maintenance with the ability to obtain forklift license, if needed.
You will also need to:
- Have physical strength, hand-eye coordination, depth perception, and the ability to concentrate on job responsibilities.
- Have familiarity with a warehouse environment and learn modern warehousing practices and methods.
- Have good organizational and time management skills.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be continually attentive and mindful of your surroundings to keep yourself and co-workers safe.
- Be able to understand and communicate information. English language is also essential.
- Ensure machines, equipment, and components receive proper cleaning and maintenance.
- Obtain required technical knowledge to use various tools and machines.
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Carry or lift heavy objects and to squat, kneel, bend, or crawl in awkward positions.
- Work late or overnight shifts, if needed.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — This job will keep you busy and constantly moving throughout the day.
- Communication skills — provide information and coordinating with supervisors and co-workers to carry out daily responsibilities.
- Learning opportunity — a chance to learn a wide variety of skills and industry knowledge.
- Teaching & mentoring skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training and advancement to supervisory, management and skilled positions.