Truck Unloader - Construction Job in Lakeland, FL
Location: Lakeland, FL
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 25-18-2989
Are you good at getting things safely in and out of vans and trucks with speed, precision, and care? Can you follow instructions and move items properly into diverse locations? And do you pay attention to detail and take pride in job well done? If you have these skills, interests and abilities, then we have an opportunity for you as a Truck Loader/Unloader.
The job responsibilities may include the following:
- Unloading and moving cargo & materials from delivery trucks, to and from receiving areas, loading docks, ships, and containers.
- Handling cargo including furniture, household goods, merchandise and other items as required.
- Keeping track of package numbers, sometimes with hand-held scanners, to confirm proper delivery.
- Opening containers and sorting materials.
- Labeling cartons, inspecting items for defects, and keeping records of unpacked or unloaded.
- Assembling and disassembling furniture.
- Compiling inventories of goods, keeping records of materials moved and completing invoices for customers.
- Using special machinery such as forklifts or moving dollies for heavy items and navigating stairs.
- Driving moving trucks and keeping track of mileage and fuel purchases.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — you’ll keep busy and constantly mobile throughout the day.
- Communication skills — provide information and coordinate with supervisors, co-workers, and customers to carry out daily responsibilities.
- Learning opportunity — a chance to learn a wide variety of skills and industry knowledge.
- Teaching & mentoring skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for advancement to supervisory, management, dispatch, and sales roles.