Stock Clerk - Bainbridge, GA
Location: Bainbridge, GA
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 9-13-775
Are you interested in working in a fast-paced retail environment with a chance to learn the business from the inside out? Here’s a chance to serve as an integral person to making sure the business runs smoothly, handling vital tasks including: receiving, storing, and issuing sales floor merchandise, materials, equipment, and other items from stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard to fill shelves, racks, tables, or customers' orders. You might even handle marking prices on merchandise and setting up sales displays.
If this sounds like the challenge you’re looking for, then a job as a Stock Clerk could be the right role for you.
Stock Clerk responsibilities may include the following:
- Accepting delivered packages and ensure proper amount is inside.
- Unloading merchandise.
- Marking items with identifying codes, such as price, stock, or inventory control codes.
- Stocking shelves with unpacked items.
- Ensuring label is clear and visible.
- Helping customers fill orders.
- Completing customer’s mail, Web, and phone orders by retrieving the ordered merchandise.
- Computing price of merchandise.
- Keeping records of sale.
- Preparing merchandise for shipment.
- Replenishing inventory.
- Ensuring customer receive product.
- Replacing damaged or missing products.
- Operating forklift to lift or place merchandise.
- Working with salespeople on inventory and orders.
- Perform heavy lifting, stooping, bending, and even climbing ladders.
You will need to have the following:
- Strong work ethic and be a physically fit and an independent worker.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Flexibility to work weekends, late, or early hours, if needed.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — the job will keep you busy and moving throughout the day.
- Customer service skills — dealing with customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Enhanced communication skills — learning how to talk to customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills — avoiding and resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Teaching & Management skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training, advancement to supervisory or management roles, and those with prior experience increase their chances of getting promoted or earning higher pay.