Snow Removal Technician - Cedar Rapids, IA
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 37-13-1751
Are you looking for a flexible job that provides a crucial service? The Snow Removal Technician is responsible for working independently or as a team member under direct supervision. In this role you’ll be responsible for many duties including de-icing and clearing snow from residential and commercial walkways, driveways, and parking lots.
If you can handle diverse tasks, in an efficient manner, while promoting worksite safety, provide excellent customer service and show pride and quality workmanship, then is role is for you!
Snow Remover responsibilities may include the following:
- Snow removal and de-icing of walks, driveways and parking lots for various residential and commercial properties.
- Representing the company’s best interests, maintaining the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
- Maintaining a clean and safe job site, while ensuring current landscape and property is not damaged in removing snow.
- Maintaining and caring for your personal or company provided equipment, tools and vehicles.
- Using snow removal equipment proficiently and safely, such as shovels, plows, snow blowers, ATV’s, skid loaders, vehicles with plow blades, and other power and manually operated tools and equipment.
- Distributing de-icing solutions, safely and appropriately, including calcium chloride or rock salt.
- Performing highly physical work outdoors, in all weather conditions, specifically very cold, icy, snowy weather.
- Working as part of a team and taking direction.
- Understanding and meeting scheduled deadlines without sacrificing customer service or quality.
- Keeping accurate timesheet records, submitted for review and signoff by the required deadlines.
- Attending training classes and seminars as requested by management.
- Performing other tasks or projects as assigned.
You will need to have the following:
- Six months minimum previous snow removal experience.
- Reliable transportation with valid driver’s license, auto insurance coverage, and clean driving record (required whether you use your own vehicle/equipment or the company’s).
- Have cold weather gear and wear it appropriately to protect themselves against adverse weather conditions.
- Highly motivated, self-driven, flexible, and detailed oriented attitude.
- Professional in appearance and behavior.
- Great time management skills; available for seasonal long hours, a clear schedule to work all hours of the day, any day of the week, and a strong work ethic. This position may require holiday work.
- Punctuality and dependability, with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals of differing backgrounds, knowledge and skill levels.
- Ability to stand and walk, lift and/or move up to 50 to over 100 lbs.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — the job will keep you busy and moving throughout the day.
- Technical expertise — learning to operate and master complex tools and machinery.
- Customer service skills — dealing with multiple customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Enhanced communication skills — learning how to talk to diverse sets of customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills — avoiding and resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Teaching & management skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training, advancement to supervisory or management roles, and those with prior experience increase their chances of getting promoted or earning higher pay.