Sheet Metal Worker - Light Industrial Job in Hattiesburg, MS
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Industry: Light Industrial
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 25-39-4022
Do you like working with your hands and big metal tools and machines? Do you learn quickly and take pride in a job well done? Are you looking to gain and enhance your skills in a trade offering lifelong work opportunities in diverse areas of the economy? Well, if any of this describes you, then we’d love to talk to you about a Sheet Metal Worker position.
Sheet Metal Worker responsibilities may include the following:
- Measuring and marking sheet metal according to the blueprints and designs provided.
- Cutting and bending sheet metal into different shapes and sizes.
- Fabricating, assembling, and installing sheet metal according to the blueprints and designs provided using hand or power tools.
- Using power or hand tools to buff, trim, file, and grind sheet metal surfaces.
- Ability to use hand and power tools safely and effectively.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and details.
- Basic understanding of math
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to stand and walk, lift and/or move up to 50 to over 100 lbs.
- Customer service skills — dealing with multiple customers, co-workers, and superiors.
- Enhanced communication skills — learning how to talk to diverse sets of customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills — avoiding and resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
You will need to have the following: :
Your GainWhat you may gain while on the job:
Less than 1 Year