Scaffold Builder - Construction Job in Orlando, FL
Location: Orlando, FL
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 25-77-11988
Do you enjoy working outdoors and at high elevations? Can you excel with physically demanding or dangerous work, building and taking down scaffolds and temporary structures for construction projects?
If you’re familiar with this work, and can ensure quality workmanship and safety, then we want to talk to you about a Scaffold Builder position!
Scaffold Builder responsibilities may include the following:
- Building and breaking down scaffolds.
- Installing ladders, walkways, and handrails using a variety of power tools and lifts.
- Cleaning and preparing construction sites, removing debris and dangerous materials (before building scaffolds).
- Unloading scaffolding materials from trucks (including rails, planks, and ladders).
- Checking and verifying all materials before creating scaffolds.
- Inspecting buildings, equipment, and appliances for functionality or faults, and repairing as needed.
- Learning and following safe work practices and training.
You will need to have the following:
- Good organization skills and ability to follow instructions carefully.
- Good manual dexterity to operate different machinery.
- Must be physically fit with strength to lift minimum of 50 pounds over head and to load and unload materials.
- Ability to perform physical activities of standing, walking, climbing stairs, carrying, twisting, kneeling, stooping, and bending and crouching as required.
- Ability to work safely at heights.
- Attention to detail in order to spot dangerous conditions, such as nearby power lines.
- Good math skills for calculating measurements when building scaffolds.
- Mechanical skills to handle minor repairs and fixtures.
- Verbal and written communication skills for effective communication with co-workers and supervisors.
- Good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Ability to follow instructions, demonstrate initiative and work independently.
- A High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to travel to different locations and work in all types of weather and working nights/weekends.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — the job will keep you busy and moving throughout the day.
- Technical expertise — learning to operate and master complex tools and scaffold systems and processes.
- Enhanced communication skills — learning to work with to diverse co-workers and superiors.
- Problem solving & crisis management skills — avoiding and resolving potential negative/dangerous experiences.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Teaching & Management skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities to move into supervisory or management roles and self-employment. Those with prior experience increase chances of getting promoted or earning higher pay.