Roofing - Richland Hils, TX
Location: Richland Hils, TX
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 21-23-2935
Are you skilled with your hands and small tools? Do you like working with wood outdoors? Do you like the sound of building & installing roofs? If all this sounds good to you, then a career as a Roofer could be the right opportunity for you!
Roofing responsibilities may include the following:
- Selecting, measuring and marking materials for roofs.
- Cutting and shaping materials and joining them with nails, screws, bolts, or glue.
- Developing work plans.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints.
- Working outdoors with varied hours based on the demands of the project.
- Working with power tools, lifting heavy materials, and kneeling or crouching for long periods of time.
- Receiving training to work safely and wear special equipment to avoid injury.
You will need to have the following:
- Understanding of carpentry techniques as well as methods of installation and construction.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects such as framing lumber, sheets of plywood and other building materials.
- Ability to understand math functions and calculations involving fractions.
- Knowledge of building codes, on-the-job safety, and basic first aid.
- Dexterity and excellent hand–eye coordination.
- Physical stamina to be able to perform tasks repeatedly.
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times.
- English language skills.
- Previous Roofing experience or completion of an apprenticeship program is required.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — the job will keep you busy and moving throughout the day.
- Technical Expertise — learning to operate and master complex tools and machinery.
- Customer service skills — dealing with multiple customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Enhanced communication skills — learning how to talk to diverse sets of customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills — avoiding and resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Teaching & management skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training, advancement to supervisory or management roles, and self-employment. Those with prior experience increase chances of getting promoted or earning higher pay.
Less than 1 Year