Receptionist - Port Charlotte, FL
Location: Port Charlotte, FL
Job Type: Temp
Are you interested in organizing an office, handling important information, and making a business run? Do you have good interpersonal skills and like interacting with co-workers, clients, and superiors? If this sounds like the challenge you’re looking for, then a job as an Receptionist could be the right fit for you.
We’re searching for a professional Receptionist to carry out a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties include providing support to managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing the company’s administrative activities.
Receptionist responsibilities may include the following: :
- Greeting, directing, and providing general support to visitors
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail
- Answering and directing phone calls
- Organizing and scheduling appointments
- Planning meetings and taking detailed minutes
- Writing and distributing email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms
- Assisting in preparing regular reports
- Developing and maintaining a filing system
- Updating and maintain office policies and procedures
- Ordering office supplies and researching suppliers
- Maintaining contact lists
- Booking travel arrangements
- Acting as the point of contact for internal and external clients
You will need to have the following: :
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant, virtual assistant or office admin assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- High School degree; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant or Secretary would be a plus
Your GainWhat you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — the job will keep you busy and moving throughout the day.
- Customer service skills — dealing with multiple customers, co-workers, and superiors.
- Enhanced communication skills — learning how to talk to diverse sets of customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills — avoiding and resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Teaching & Management skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training, advancement to supervisory or management roles, and those with prior experience increase their chances of getting promoted or earning higher pay.
Answering phones Monday through Friday 9 - 1