Property Maintenance - Property Maintenance Job in Fort Walton Beach, FL
Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Industry: Property Maintenance
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 25-14-5515
Are you a “handy man” experienced in taking care of buildings and other properties? Do you have experience performing or supervising maintenance duties like landscaping, painting, carpentry, and renovation to keep properties in good condition?
If you can ensure that residential and office buildings are well organized with air conditioning, appliances, and plumbing facilities working in good condition, then we want to talk to you about a Property Maintenance position!
Property Maintenance responsibilities may include the following:
- Inspecting buildings, equipment and appliances for functionality, checking for faults and fixing as needed.
- Making provisions for replacing old and damaged appliances.
- Creating and implementing property maintenance policies and standards to serve as a guideline.
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with contractors, vendors, and site workers to get the best bargains on property repairs, supplies, and maintenance.
- Ensuring that properties are safe from danger to their residents, visitors, and workers.
- Putting in place machinery to handle emergencies, such as fire outbreaks; creating exit routes with proper direction for easy location during emergencies.
- Carrying out repairs on light fixtures, clogged toilets, leakages, peeling walls, and furniture.
- Checking electrical wiring for accuracy and compliance with regulatory standards.
- Maintaining open communication with property owners, consultants and property managers for information regarding operations, renovations, and authorizations.
- Cleaning and prepare vacated buildings and rooms, getting them ready for future occupants.
- Supervising the regular cleaning of swimming pools to ensure good hygiene.
- Design plan and schedule of regular works to be performed on properties.
- Conduct training for new maintenance workers to get them up to speed on the job.
- Cleaning spills and other hazards with appropriate equipment.
You will need to have the following:
- Mechanical skills to handle minor repairs and fixtures.
- Knowledge of electricity technician to diagnose electrical problems and carry out minor repairs.
- General maintenance skills and knowledge of know how things work and how to keep properties organized, and handle tasks quickly and efficiently.
- Verbal and written communication skills for effective explanation to clients, colleagues, and management.
- Good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Ability to follow instructions, demonstrate initiative, and work independently.
- A High School diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an apprenticeship is a bonus.
- An understanding of general building operations.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — the job will keep you busy and moving throughout the day.
- Technical Expertise — learning to operate and master complex tools and various systems and processes.
- Customer service skills — dealing with multiple customers, co-workers, and superiors.
- Enhanced communication skills — learning how to talk to diverse sets of customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills — avoiding and resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Teaching & Management skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities to move into craft worker positions, supervisory or management roles, and self-employment. Those with prior experience increase chances of getting promoted or earning higher pay.
Less than 1 Year