Printing Press Operator - Cedar Rapids, IA
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 37-13-1475
Do you like working in production? Do you take pride in your work… getting the job done on time… and providing a vital service? If so, then we want to talk to you about an opportunity as Printing Press Operator.
Printing Press Operator responsibilities may include the following:
- Installing and adjusting printing plates.
- Loading and feeding paper into the printing machines.
- Mixing inks and making sure they are flowing properly into the mixing machines.
- Operating the printing machines.
- Maintaining printing machines including cleaning and oiling the parts as well as making any minor repairs.
- Making sure the final printed products meet quality standards.
- Have physical strength, hand-eye coordination, depth perception, and the ability to concentrate on job responsibilities.
- Have good organizational and time management skills.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be continually attentive and mindful of your surroundings to keep yourself and co-workers safe.
- Be able to understand and communicate information. English language is also essential.
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Carry or lift heavy objects and to squat, kneel, bend, or crawl in awkward positions.
- Work late or overnight shifts, if needed.
- Staying active — This job will keep you busy and constantly moving throughout the day.
- Communication skills — provide information and coordinating with supervisors and co-workers to carry out daily responsibilities.
- Learning opportunity — a chance to learn a wide variety of skills and industry knowledge.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training and advancement to supervisory, management and skilled positions.
Your GainWhat you may gain while on the job:
Less than 1 Year
You will need to have the following: :