Plumbers - Construction Job in Huntsville, AL
Location: Huntsville, AL
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 17-9-7093
Are you an experienced Plumber capable of installing and maintaining well-functioning systems to transport water, waste, gases, or hot liquids? Do you have knowledge of diverse hydraulic systems? Are you a patient individual with a practical mind and skilled hands, able to work efficiently with great attention to detail?
If you can perform this kind of work with pride and quality workmanship, then we have a great opportunity for you!
Responsibilities may include the following:
- Reading blueprints and drawings to understand or plan the layout of plumbing, waste disposal and water supply systems
- Cutting, assembling and installing pipes and tubes while minding existing infrastructure (e.g. electrical wiring).
- Installing and maintaining water supply systems.
- Locating and repairing leaks & other issues with water supply lines.
- Repairing or replacing broken drainage lines, clogged drains, faucets etc.
- Repairing domestic appliances and fixtures (e.g. washing machines & sinks).
- Installing and maintaining gas and liquid heating systems (air-conditioning units, radiators etc.).
- Installing waste disposal and sanitary systems with well-functioning DWV systems.
You will need to have the following:
- Previous work experience as a plumber.
- Solid understanding of water distribution and disposal systems in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings.
- Working knowledge of appliances as well as heating and ventilation systems.
- Skill in using plumbing tools and equipment (pipe wrenches, pipe cutters, plungers etc.).
- Good troubleshooting skills in order to pinpoint the location of leaks and problems.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Friendly attitude with a great deal of patience.
- Good physical strength and stamina with the ability to work in awkward spaces.
- Diploma from a trade school or successful completion of apprenticeship.
- Valid license to practice as a plumber.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — the job will keep you busy throughout the day.
- Technical Expertise — learning to operate and master complex tools and hydraulic systems.
- Customer service skills — dealing with multiple customers, co-workers, and superiors.
- Enhanced communication skills — learning how to talk to diverse sets of customers, co-workers, and superiors.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills — avoiding and resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Teamwork — partnering with colleagues and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Teaching & Management skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training, advancement to supervisory or management roles, and self-employment. Those with prior experience increase chances of getting promoted or earning higher pay.