Plant Worker - Construction Job in Baltimore, MD
|Location:||Baltimore, MD 21226|
|Job Ref Code:||28-1-11645|
Do you like the sound of working in a hi-tech, sophisticated environment with on-going training and advancement opportunities? Do you take pride in your work and pay attention to detail? Are you comfortable multi-tasking and providing a vital service? Well if this describes you, then we have an excellent opportunity for you as a Plant Worker!
The job responsibilities may include the following:
- Controlling a variety of power-generating equipment, possibly fueled by coal, nuclear fuel, or natural gas.
- Reading charts, meters, and gauges to monitor voltage, production and electricity flows, and recording data.
- Checking equipment and indicators to detect evidence of operating problems.
- Starting, stopping or regulate the flow of power to generators, turbines, and other equipment as necessary.
- Monitoring reactors, turbines, generators, cooling systems, and production equipment, adjusting controls as necessary.
- Assisting with production line in factories, feeding, or placing items onto equipment for processing.
- Responding to emergencies and troubleshooting issues.
- Cleaning production area — sweeping, mopping, and removing debris.
- Turning valves to regulate flow of liquids or gas.
- Loading and unloading processing equipment.
- Pulling damaged or ineffective equipment off the line.
- Communicating with and following instructions from supervisors.
- Keeping a safe and clean working environment.
- Work rotating 8 or 12-hour shifts, including evenings, nights, and weekends.
You will also need to:
- Have physical strength, hand-eye coordination, depth perception, and ability to concentrate on job responsibilities.
- Be able to understand and communicate information (English language is also essential).
- Have a minimum of high school diploma or equivalent, college or vocational school degree preferred.
- Understanding of electricity and math, especially algebra and trigonometry, highly preferred.
- Be continually attentive and mindful of your surroundings to keep yourself and co-workers safe.
- Ensure machines, equipment, and components receive proper cleaning and maintenance.
- Obtain required technical knowledge and regular training to operate equipment.
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Familiarity working with or repairing machines, tools, and equipment.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Carry or lift heavy objects and to squat, kneel down, bend, or crawl in awkward positions.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — This job will keep you busy and constantly engaged throughout the day.
- Communication skills — provide information to and coordinating with supervisors and co-workers to carry out daily responsibilities.
- Learning opportunity — a chance to learn a wide variety of skills and specialized industry knowledge.
- Teaching & mentoring skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training and advancement to senior positions, supervisory, management and instructor positions.