Office Clerk - Tallahassee, FL
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 25-28-3386
We’re looking for a capable Office Clerk to perform various administrative and clerical tasks and support day-to-day office management. The role involves a variety of activities ranging from filing, answering phones, and basic bookkeeping.
A great office clerk has the ability to work diligently to help maintain smooth office operations. Reliable and hardworking with great communication skills, the ideal candidate will also be familiar with office equipment and procedures.
Responsibilities may include:
- Maintaining files and records so they remain updated and easily accessible
- Sorting and distributing incoming mail and preparing outgoing mail/packages.
- Answering phones, taking messages, and redirecting calls to appropriate staff.
- Utilizing office appliances like photocopiers, printers etc., and computers for word processing, creating spreadsheets, etc.
- Undertaking basic bookkeeping tasks and issuing invoices, checks etc.
- Taking minutes of meetings and dictations.
- Assisting in office management and organization procedures.
- Monitoring stocks of office supplies (paper clips, stationery etc.) and reporting shortages.
- Assisting in making travel arrangements and booking venues for conferences or events.
- Performing other office duties as needed.
You will also need the following:
- Proven experience as office clerk or work in other clerical positions.
- Familiarity with office procedures and basic accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of office devices and processes.
- Proficient typing skills with knowledge in stenography and taking dictations.
- Very good knowledge of MS Office.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Very good organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — the job will keep you busy and moving throughout the day.
- Technical Knowledge — learning various software programs and accounting/bookkeeping methods, and learning the full scope of business operations.
- Customer service skills — dealing with multiple customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Enhanced communication skills — learning how to talk to diverse sets of customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills — avoiding and resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training, advancement to supervisory or management roles, and those with prior experience increase their chances of getting promoted or earning higher pay.
Less than 1 Year