Mover - Construction Job in Tuscaloosa, AL
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 25-9-4369
Are you good at getting things safely in and out of homes, apartments, buildings, vans, and trucks? Can you carefully pack and wrap items to protect them in a move? Do you like working in different locations from day to day? Well, if you have these skills, interests, abilities and take pride in job well done, then we have an opportunity for you as a Mover!
The job responsibilities may include the following:
- Moving furniture, household goods, and other various items as required.
- Moving materials to and from storage and production areas, loading docks, delivery trucks, ships, and containers
- Labeling cartons, inspecting items for defects, and keeping records of items packed.
- Wrapping and packing household goods to prevent damage from moving.
- Assembling and disassembling furniture.
- Compiling inventories of goods, keeping records of materials moved, and completing invoices for customers.
- Using special machinery such as forklifts or moving dollies for heavy items and navigating stairs.
- Driving moving trucks as well as keeping track of mileage and fuel purchases.
You will also need to:
- Have physical strength, hand-eye coordination, endurance, depth perception and ability to concentrate on job responsibilities.
- Be continually attentive and mindful of your surroundings to keep yourself and co-workers safe.
- Be able to understand and communicate information (English language is also essential).
- Be able to work outdoors in all kinds of weather.
- Obtain a commercial driver's license depending on the size of the moving truck.
- Ensure the machines, equipment and vehicles receive proper cleaning and maintenance.
- Obtain required technical knowledge to use various tools and machines.
- Carry or lift heavy objects and to squat, kneel down, bend, or crawl in awkward positions.
- No previous experience is required, but prior experience with a moving company is a bonus.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — You’ll keep busy and constantly mobile throughout the day.
- Communication skills — provide information and coordinate with supervisors, co-workers, and customers to carry out daily responsibilities.
- Learning opportunity — a chance to learn a wide variety of skills and industry knowledge.
- Teaching & mentoring skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for advancement to supervisory, management, dispatch and sales roles.
Less than 1 Year