Mechanic - Construction Job in Las Vegas, NV
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 25-65-3653
Do you have a talent for making vehicle repairs and solving problems? Are you looking to enhance your skills and take your career to the next level? How do you feel about being the go-to person responsible for keeping vehicles up and running? Well if you’re teachable and someone who takes pride in their work, then we have a great opportunity for you as a Mechanic!
Mechanic responsibilities may include the following: :
- Performing maintenance tasks such as tune-ups, oil changes, and tire rotations
- Removing defective parts by dismantling devices, using hoists, cranes, hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Planning and performing repair work and troubleshooting using blueprints, diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Preparing maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing maintenance needs.
- Maintaining safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
You will need to have the following: :
- Basic knowledge of machinery, engineering, hydraulic, electronic, and electrical systems.
- Experience using hand and electrical tools.
- Experience welding and cutting with acetylene torch, arc welding and brazing and soldering to repair or modify all equipment is extremely helpful.
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Physical stamina and dexterity.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to follow instructions, demonstrate initiative and work independently.
- A High School diploma or equivalent.
- Direct or related work experience would be extremely useful.
Your GainWhat you may gain while on the job:
- Customer service skills — dealing with multiple customers, co-workers, and superiors.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills — avoiding and resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training, advancement to supervisory or management roles, and those with prior experience increase their chances of getting promoted or earning higher pay.