Marine - Marine Job in Jacksonville, FL
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 25-16-8574
Do you like working in a fast-paced, marine environment? Are you detail oriented with an eye for quality and a strong attention to detail? And do you take pride in a job well done? Well if these skills, interests, and abilities describe you, then we’d love to talk to you about a Marine General Laborer position.
Marine General Laborer responsibilities may include the following:
- Manually moving freight, stock, or other materials.
- Cleaning and preparing a docking site as well as loading and delivering materials.
- Using a variety of tools and equipment such as blowtorches, forklifts, levels, lifts, power drills, grinders, saws, pressure washers, and water spraying equipment.
- Setting up and taking down ladders, scaffolding, and other temporary structures.
- Helping carpenters, masons, and other specialized marine contractors.
- Working outdoors in all kinds of weather or indoors without heating or air conditioning.
- Safety training and certification for handling dangerous substances, like lead, asbestos, and other chemicals.
- Completing on-the-job training programs, working with a mentor, and learning basic job and safety principles.
- Adhering to safety standards and maintaining safe storage areas.
- Ensuring the machines, equip
Your GainWhat you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active - This job will keep you busy and constantly moving throughout the day.
- Communication skills - provide information and coordinating with supervisors and co-workers to carry out daily responsibilities.
- Learning opportunity - a chance to learn a wide variety of skills and industry knowledge.
- Teaching & mentoring skills - helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career - opportunities for training and advancement to supervisory, management and skilled positions.