Maintenance Mechanic - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Job Type: Full Time
Job Ref Code: 11-1-15799
Do you have a talent for making repairs and solving problems? Are you looking to enhance your skills and take your career to the next level? How do you feel about being the go-to person responsible for keeping production up and running? Well if you’re teachable and someone who takes pride in their work, then we have a great opportunity for you as a Maintenance Mechanic!
The job responsibilities may include:
- Ensuring operation of machinery, vehicles, and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance and repairs on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines.
- Planning and performing repair work and troubleshooting using blueprints, diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Locating sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removing defective parts by dismantling devices, using hoists, cranes, hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determining changes in dimensions/sizes of parts by using various measuring instruments.
- Maintaining equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level.
- Anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Preparing mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Gaining technical knowledge by attending trainings, educational workshops & reviewing technical publications.
- Documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintaining safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
In addition to a physical strength, depth perception and eye-hand coordination, an ideal Maintenance Mechanic will have:
- Basic knowledge of machinery, engineering, hydraulic, electronic, and electrical systems.
- Experience using hand and electrical tools.
- Experience welding and cutting with acetylene torch, arc welding and brazing and soldering to repair or modify all equipment is extremely helpful.
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Physical stamina and dexterity.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Ability to follow instructions, demonstrate initiative and work independently.
- A High School diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of formal training program at a postsecondary institution is a big bonus.
- Direct or related work experience would be extremely useful.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Communication skills — provide information to supervisors and co-workers by phone, in writing or in person.
- Independence — work independently and make your own decisions to meet your responsibilities.
- Teaching & mentoring skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Staying active — Keep yourself actively busy and moving throughout the day.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for advancement to move into advanced skilled positions, supervisory or management roles.