Maintenance Mechanic - Chico, CA
Location: Chico, CA
Job Type: Temp to Hire
Do you have a talent for making repairs and solving problems? Are you looking to enhance your skills and take your career to the next level? How do you feel about being the go-to person responsible for keeping production up and running? Well if you’re teachable and someone who takes pride in their work, then we have a great opportunity for you as a Maintenance Mechanic!
Maintenance Technician responsibilities may include the following: :
- Ensuring operation of electrical and mechanical systems in a building by completing preventive maintenance and repairs.
- Ensuring proper operation of plumbing and HVAC systems.
- Inspecting and repairing fire alarm and security systems. Repairing structural fixtures such as locks, windows, and doors.
- Planning and performing repair work and troubleshooting using blueprints, diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Keeping a building free of pests by performing regular pest control services.
- Preparing maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing maintenance needs.
- Maintaining safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
You will need to have the following: :
- Basic knowledge of machinery, engineering, hydraulic, electronic, and electrical systems.
- Experience using hand and electrical tools.
- Experience welding and cutting with acetylene torch, arc welding and brazing and soldering to repair or modify all equipment is extremely helpful.
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Physical stamina and dexterity.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to follow instructions, demonstrate initiative and work independently.
- A High School diploma or equivalent.
- Direct or related work experience would be extremely useful.
Your GainWhat you may gain while on the job:
- Customer service skills — dealing with multiple customers, co-workers, and superiors.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills — avoiding and resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training, advancement to supervisory or management roles, and those with prior experience increase their chances of getting promoted or earning higher pay.