Machine Operator - Rock Hill, SC
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Job Type: Temp to Hire
Job Ref Code: 16-5-5662
Does the sound of working with precision machinery and technology excite you? Are you looking for a career path providing on the job training and experience needed for advancement? Can you see yourself operating machinery with accuracy and safety? Well if this sounds good to you, then we have an excellent opportunity for you as a Machine Operator!
The job responsibilities may include the following:
- Setting up machines to start a production cycle.
- Controlling and adjusting machine settings (e.g. speed).
- Feeding raw material or parts to semi-automated machines.
- Inspecting parts with precision and measuring tools.
- Testing operation of machines periodically.
- Removing and replacing dull cutting tools.
- Fixing issues that might occur during the shift.
- Checking output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws.
- Keeping records of approved and defective units or final products.
- Maintaining activity logs.
You will also need to have:
- Prior experience as a machine operator is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.) is preferred.
- Understanding of production procedures.
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear).
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and manuals.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Teamwork and communication skills.
- Good physical stamina and strength.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and perform repetitive work.
- Dexterity — ability to use precise hand movements to make the necessary shapes required.
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — This job will keep you awake and alert throughout the day.
- Communication skills — providing information and coordinating with supervisors and co-workers to carry out job logistics and ensure safety.
- Learning opportunity — a chance to learn a wide range of specialized skills and trainings.
- Teaching & mentoring skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for advancement to move into setup or machinery maintenance positions, supervisory or management roles.
Less than 1 Year