Legal Secretary - Macon, GA
Location: Macon, GA
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 32-6-1838
Are you interested in working in a law office? Do you have good interpersonal skills and like interacting with co-workers and clients? Then a job as a Legal Secretary could be the right fit for you.
We’re searching for Legal Secretary to support lawyers and clients in a legal office setting. Duties include drafting important legal documents and interacting with clients on behalf of attorneys.
Paralegal responsibilities may include the following: :
- Transcribe recorded depositions and court proceedings
- Drafting and proofing legal documents such as motions, briefs, disclosures, contracts, and interrogatories Filing legal documents with local courts.
- Performing legal research for court cases
- Organizing and scheduling legal proceedings and client appointments
- Handling discovery on behalf of supervising attorneys
- Organizing and managing client files and case exhibits
- Developing and maintaining a filing system
- Updating and maintain office policies and procedures
- Ordering office supplies and researching suppliers
You will need to have the following: :
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant or legal secretary
- Knowledge of state and federal laws
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Customer service skills — dealing with multiple customers, co-workers, and superiors.
- Enhanced communication skills — learning how to talk to diverse sets of customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills — avoiding and resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Teaching & Management skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training, advancement to supervisory or management roles, and those with prior experience increase their chances of getting promoted or earning higher pay.
Your GainWhat you may gain while on the job: