Laying Sod - Landscaping Job in Port Charlotte, FL
Location: Port Charlotte, FL
Job Type: Temp
Are you interested in working outdoors? Do you like to work with your hands?
Well, if you want to enhance your skills and open yourself to career opportunities across almost every industry, then we have a great opportunity for you as a Sod Layer!
Sod layer responsibilities may include the following: :
- Seeding yards.
- Loosen up soil using tools like rototillers.
- Unrolling and laying sod.
- Smoothing and raking out any imperfections during sod installation.
- Water sod once installed.
- Seal drywall panels joints and seams.
- Cover up holes, cracks, and other imperfections.
- Cut openings for plumbing, electrical outlets, and air-conditioning units.
- Read and understand blueprints.
You will need to have the following: :
- Have physical strength, hand-eye coordination, endurance, depth perception, and ability to concentrate on job responsibilities.
- Be continually attentive and mindful of your surroundings to keep yourself and co-workers safe.
- Be able to understand and communicate information. English language is also essential.
- Be able to work outdoors in all kinds of weather.
- Carry or lift heavy objects and to squat, kneel down, bend, or crawl in awkward positions.
- Ability to pass random drug tests.
Your GainWhat you may gain while on the job:
- Communication skills — provide information to supervisors and co-workers by phone, in writing, or in person.
- Independence — Work independently and make your own decisions to meet your responsibilities.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Staying active — Keep yourself actively busy and moving throughout the day.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for advancement to move into advanced skilled positions, supervisory or management roles.