Landscaper - Orlando, FL
Location: Orlando, FL
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 25-77-11818
Do you like working outside, appreciate beautiful yards and scenery, and take pride in job well done? Are you handy with power tools and equipment? Can you be ready to work on a new task or different worksite from one day to the next? Well if any of these skills, interests and abilities describes you, then we’d love to talk to you about a Landscaping position.
The job responsibilities may include the following:
- Landscaping or maintaining grounds using hand or power tools or equipment.
- Mulching, laying sod, removing dirt, trimming, mowing and raking lawns.
- Cutting and trimming trees and shrubs.
- Watering, feeding, digging and planting flowers, plants and trees.
- Growing and caring for plants, applying fertilizer and/or pesticides.
- Installing irrigation and sprinkler systems.
- Landscape construction and installing wall units
- Power washing and snow removal.
- Driving a truck and trailer to haul equipment.
You will also need to:
- Have physical strength, hand-eye coordination, endurance, depth perception, and ability to concentrate on job responsibilities.
- Be continually attentive and mindful of your surroundings to keep yourself and co-workers safe.
- Be able to understand and communicate information. English language is also essential.
- Be able to work outdoors in all kinds of weather.
- Ensure the machines, equipment, and components receive proper cleaning and maintenance.
- Obtain required technical knowledge to use various tools and machines.
- Carry or lift heavy objects and to squat, kneel down, bend, or crawl in awkward positions.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — This job will keep you busy and constantly moving throughout the day.
- Communication skills — provide information and coordinating with supervisors, co-workers, and customers to carry out daily responsibilities.
- Learning opportunity — a chance to learn a wide variety of skills and knowledge of landscape architecture.
- Teaching & mentoring skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for advancement to supervisory or management roles.