Janitor - Janitorial/Cleaning Job in Richardson, TX
Location: Richardson, TX
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 21-5-4424
Are you a strong worker who takes pride in their work? Do you have a talent for making things sparkle with the ability clean up a mess like it’s nobody’s business? Are you good at taking caring of things, keeping them in order and making sure the job is done right? If this sounds like you, then we have a great opportunity for you as a janitor!
The job responsibilities may include:
- Cleaning, sanitizing and organizing areas like rest rooms, offices, closets, corridors, guest areas, and stairwells.
- Clearing away garbage and emptying all trash.
- Vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping floors and carpets within designated areas.
- Mowing lawns, sweeping walkways, and removing snow.
- Using snow blowers, floor buffers, and carpet cleaning equipment.
- Dusting, polishing, and cleaning all furniture and accessories.
- Washing windows and mirrors, removing stains or marks.
- Checking for damages to property, notifying managers of needed repairs and making minor repairs.
- Ordering cleaning supplies and stocking them with supplies.
- Locking doors and securing building entryways.
- Cleaning spills and other hazards with appropriate equipment.
- Moving or lift heavy supplies and equipment.
- Working in shifts, possibly evening hours.
In addition to a physical strength, depth perception and eye-hand coordination, an ideal Janitor/Custodian will have:
- Direct or related work experience. Plumbing, electrical and other trade skills are extremely useful.
- An understanding of general building operations.
- Ability to push carts and/or lift equipment, performing various physical movements with required mobility for tasks that require bending, reaching, or standing up to eight hours daily.
- Ability to work in variable conditions, such as noise, odors, dust or temperature, with frequent interruptions.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Ability to follow instructions, demonstrate initiative, and work independently.
- Knowledge of mixing and applying chemical cleaning solutions is a plus.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Communication skills — Providing information to supervisors and co-workers by phone, in writing, or in person.
- Building Relationships — Providing service to others and working in a non-competitive environment.
- Independence — Work independently and make your own decisions to meet your responsibilities.
- Teaching & mentoring skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Staying active — Keep yourself actively moving throughout the day.