IT Technician - Hot Springs, AR
Location: Hot Springs, AR
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 37-68-2239
Are you interested working in an office, in charge of the equipment and technology that makes a business run? Do you have good interpersonal skills and like interacting with co-workers, clients, and superiors? If this sounds like the challenge you’re looking for, then a job as an IT Technician could be the right fit for you.
IT Technician responsibilities may include the following: :
- Setting up technical equipment such as computers, routers, and printers in offices or workstations
- Making sure office computer equipment is functioning properly
- Installing computer software and security systems.
- Upgrading computer systems and networks as needed.
- Ordering computers, computer accessories, and other equipment.
- Assisting co-workers with using their computer and understanding its software.
- Troubleshooting computer and network issues
- Performing computer and network repairs quickly and efficiently.
You will need to have the following: :
- Proven experience as an IT Technician
- Working knowledge of computer equipment and software
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Computer Science degree; additional qualification as an IT Technician would be a plus
Your GainWhat you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — the job will keep you busy and moving throughout the day.
- Customer service skills — dealing with multiple customers, co-workers, and superiors.
- Enhanced communication skills — learning how to talk to diverse sets of customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills — avoiding and resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Teaching & Management skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training, advancement to supervisory or management roles, and those with prior experience increase their chances of getting promoted or earning higher pay.