Industrial Janitor - Janitorial/Cleaning Job in Rock Hill, SC
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Job Type: Temp to Hire
Are you a strong worker who takes pride in their work? Do you have a talent for making things sparkle with the ability clean up a mess like it’s nobody’s business? Are you good at taking caring of things, keeping them in order and making sure the job is done right? If this sounds like you, then we have a great opportunity for you as a janitor!
The job responsibilities may include:
- Cleaning, sanitizing and organizing areas like rest rooms, offices, closets, corridors, guest areas, and stairwells.
- Clearing away garbage and emptying all trash.
- Vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping floors and carpets within designated areas.
- Using floor buffers, and carpet cleaning equipment.
- Checking for damages to property, notifying managers of needed repairs and making minor repairs.
- Locking doors and securing building entryways.
- Cleaning spills and other hazards with appropriate equipment.
- Moving or lift heavy supplies and equipment. In addition to a physical strength, depth perception and eye-hand coordination, an ideal Janitor/Custodian will have:
- An understanding of general building operations.
- Ability to push carts and/or lift equipment, performing various physical
What you may gain while on the job:
- Communication skills - Providing information to supervisors and co-workers by phone, in writing, or in person.
- Building Relationships - Providing service to others and working in a non-competitive environment.
- Independence - Work independently and make your own decisions to meet your responsibilities.
- Staying active - Keep yourself actively moving throughout the day.