HR Administrator - Administrative Job in Vicksburg, MS
Location: Vicksburg, MS
Job Type: Temp to Hire
Job Ref Code: 25-42-1761
Are you the analytical and methodical type with experience in payroll administration and knowledge of payroll regulations? Do you possess integrity, team spirit and strong organizational skills, and the ability to ensure payroll procedures are compliant, efficient and up to date? If this describes you, then you just might be the right candidate for the HR Administrator role!
HR Administrator responsibilities may include the following:
- Developing systems to process payroll account transactions (e.g. salaries, benefits, garnishments, deductions, taxes, and 3rd party payments).
- Coordinating timekeeping and payroll systems.
- Computing employees' time worked, production, commission and post wages, deductions, or preparing paychecks.
- Overseeing processing of payroll changes and upgrades (e.g. new hires, terminations, raises).
- Ensuring compliance with relevant laws and internal policies.
- Supervising and coaching payroll clerks and assistants.
- Coordinating with auditors and managing payroll tax audits.
- Collaborating with Human Resources (HR) and accounting teams.
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing reports.
- Resolving issues and answering payroll-related questions.
- Developing and monitoring overall HR strategies, systems, tactics, and procedures across the organization.
- Overseeing and managing a performance appraisal system to drives high performance.
- Maintaining pay plans and benefits program.
- Assessing training needs to apply and monitor training programs.
- Reporting to management and provide decision support through HR metrics.
- Ensuring legal compliance throughout human resource management.
You will need to have the following:
- Proven experience as a payroll, HR manager or similar role.
- Current knowledge of payroll procedures and related laws.
- Excellent understanding of multi-location payroll and taxes.
- Familiarity with payroll software/HRIS (e.g. SAP, ADP, Kronos) and MS Office (especially Excel).
- Good math skills, a sharp eye for detail, and an analytical mind.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Organizational and leadership skills.
- BSc/BA in Business Administration, Accounting, Human Resources or related field; professional certification (e.g. CPP, CPM) is a big plus.
- People oriented and results driven attitude.
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics.
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- Knowledge of labor law and HR best practices.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Technical Knowledge — learning various software programs and payroll/accounting/bookkeeping methods and learning the full scope of business operations.
- Customer service skills — dealing with customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers and employees are satisfied.
- Teaching & Management skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training, advancement to supervisory or management roles, and those with prior experience increase their chances of getting promoted or earning higher pay.