Housekeeper - Moss Point, MS
Location: Moss Point, MS
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 25-41-1761
If you like to keep things super-clean, have a talent for making things shine, and can handle multiple tasks in different settings then a job in Housekeeping might be waiting for you!
The job responsibilities may include:
- Cleaning, sanitizing and organizing designated areas, such as hotel rooms, hospital rooms, closets, corridors, guest areas, and stairwells.
- Clearing away garbage and emptying all trash.
- Vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping floors and carpets within designated areas.
- Changing linens and ensuring all linens are fresh.
- Changing glassware and removing debris.
- Dusting, polishing, and cleaning all furniture and accessories.
- Washing windows and mirrors, removing stains or marks.
- Cleaning and sanitizing bathing spaces, sinks, and toilets.
- Checking for damages to property and informing supervisors.
- Maintaining supply carts with adequate supplies.
- Responding to guest inquiries and requests in a courteous manner to maintain guest satisfaction.
In addition to a good sense of balance, depth perception, and eye-hand coordination, an ideal housekeeper will have:'
- A high school diploma or equivalent (as required).
- Direct or related work experience.
- Ability to push carts and/or lift equipment, performing various physical movements with required mobility for tasks that require bending, reaching, or standing up to eight hours daily.
- Ability to perform tasks in variable conditions, dealing with noise, odors, dust, temperature, and/or frequent interruptions.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Ability to follow instructions, demonstrate initiative, and work independently.
- Knowledge of mixing and applying chemical cleaning solutions is a plus.
- Ability to adapt to an employer's specific policies and standards.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Communication skills — providing information to supervisors by phone, in writing or in person.
- Building Relationships — providing service to others and working in a non-competitive environment.
- Independence — Work independently and make your own decisions to meet your responsibilities.
- Staying active — Keep yourself actively moving throughout the day.