Helper - Newnan, GA
Location: Newnan, GA
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 32-7-2113
Looking for a job leading where you can learn diverse skills and find multiple career paths? Well if you’re good with handling a variety of physical tasks and different tools, know your way around a worksite, can prioritize safety, and take pride in your work then we have a great opportunity for you as a helper.
The job responsibilities may include the following:
- Assisting craft workers with their duties.
- Following construction plans and instructions from supervisors or more experienced workers.
- Cleaning and preparing construction sites by removing debris and possible hazards.
- Performing general cleanup of job sites following completion of work.
- Driving trucks to a job site to obtain or transport supplies and equipment.
- Loading or unloading building materials to be used in construction.
- Building or taking apart bracing, scaffolding, and temporary structures.
- Digging trenches, backfilling holes, or compacting earth to prepare for construction.
- Assisting the workers by bringing materials to or away from the professionals.
- Lifting heavy materials as well as using carts and dollies to transport from one area to another.
- Operating or tending to equipment and machines used in construction.
- Wearing protective equipment/gear as necessary (glove, eye-wear, hard-hat, steel-toes, etc.).
- Obtaining required technical knowledge to use various tools or computerized machines.
- Carrying or lifting heavy objects as well as squatting, kneeling, bending, or crawling in awkward positions.
You will also need to have:
- Physical strength, hand-eye coordination, depth perception and ability to concentrate on job responsibilities.
- Ability to lift 50 + pounds.
- A valid driver's license, clean background, and be able to pass a drug screen.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Focus on safety and be mindful of your surroundings to keep yourself and co-workers safe.
- Ability to understand and communicate information. English language is also essential.
- Math skills to perform basic math calculations while measuring on jobsites or assisting a surveying crew.
- Mechanical skills to operate and maintain equipment.
- Physical stamina and endurance to perform tasks throughout the day or spend long hours standing.
- Construction experience is helpful, but no prior experience necessary.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — This job will keep you busy and constantly moving throughout the day.
- Communication skills — provide information and coordinating with supervisors, co-workers, and external partners to carry out job logistics and daily responsibilities.
- Learning opportunity — a chance to pick up a wide variety of useful industry-related skills.
- Teaching & mentoring skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for advancement to supervisory or management roles.
Less than 1 Year