Habitat - Oklahoma City, OK
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 3-2-11882
Are you strong and interested in working for a non profit organization? Can you work well with a variety of different clients? Do you prioritize the safety of your co-workers and yourself? Well if you have any of these skills, interests, and abilities in you, then we’d love to talk to you about a great opportunity as a General Laborer.
The job responsibilities may include the following:
- Manually moving freight, stock, or other materials wuch as donated furniture.
- Loading and delivering materials.
- Helping supervisors, floor managers, etc with a variety of other tasks.
- Working outdoors in all kinds of weather or indoors without heating or air conditioning.
- Completing on-the-job training programs, working with a mentor, and learning basic job and safety principles.
- Adhering to safety standards and maintaining safe storage areas.
- Speaking with persons who are donating or scheduling pick ups.
- Carrying or lifting heavy objects as well as squatting, kneeling, bending, or crawling in awkward positions.
You will also need to:
- Have physical strength, hand-eye coordination, endurance, depth perception, and the ability to concentrate on job responsibilities.
- Be cont
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active - This job will keep you busy and constantly moving throughout the day.
- Communication skills - provide information and coordinating with supervisors, co-workers, and external partners to carry out job logistics and daily responsibilities.
- Learning opportunity - a chance to pick up a wide variety of useful skills.
- Teaching & mentoring skills - helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career - opportunities for advancement to supervisory or management roles.