General Laborer - Chico, CA
Location: Chico, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Are you a quick learner who’s good at performing a variety of tasks? Do you prioritize the safety of your co-workers and yourself? Well if you have any of these skills, interests, and abilities in you, then we’d love to talk to you about a great opportunity as a General Laborer.
The job responsibilities may include the following:
- Manually moving freight, stock, or other materials.
- Cleaning and preparing a job site as well as loading and delivering materials.
- Using a variety of tools and equipment such as blowtorches, forklifts, levels, lifts, power drills, grinders, saws, pressure washers, and water spraying equipment.
- Setting up and taking down ladders, scaffolding, and other temporary structures.
- Helping carpenters, masons, and other specialized contractors.
- Controlling traffic at road construction sites, setting up markers, cones and barricades as well as flagging vehicles to control traffic flow.
- Working outdoors in all kinds of weather or indoors without heating or air conditioning.
- Safety training and certification for handling dangerous substances, like lead, asbestos, and other chemicals.
- Completing on-the-job training programs, workin
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active - This job will keep you busy and constantly moving throughout the day.
- Communication skills - provide information and coordinating with supervisors, co-workers, and external partners to carry out job logistics and daily responsibilities.
- Learning opportunity - a chance to pick up a wide variety of useful skills.
- Teaching & mentoring skills - helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career - opportunities for advancement to supervisory or management roles.