General Laborer - Construction Job in Brandon, FL
Location: Brandon, FL
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 25-79-6761
Are you a quick learner who’s good at performing a variety of tasks? Can you be ready to work at a different worksite from one day to the next? Do you prioritize the safety of your co-workers and yourself? Well if you have any of these skills, interests, and abilities in you, then we’d love to talk to you about a great opportunity as a General Laborer.
The job responsibilities may include the following:
- Manually moving freight, stock, or other materials.
- Cleaning and preparing a job site as well as loading and delivering materials.
- Using a variety of tools and equipment such as blowtorches, forklifts, levels, lifts, power drills, grinders, saws, pressure washers, and water spraying equipment.
- Setting up and taking down ladders, scaffolding, and other temporary structures.
- Helping carpenters, masons, and other specialized contractors.
- Controlling traffic at road construction sites, setting up markers, cones and barricades as well as flagging vehicles to control traffic flow.
- Working outdoors in all kinds of weather or indoors without heating or air conditioning.
- Safety training and certification for handling dangerous substances, like lead, asbestos, and other chemicals.
- Completing on-the-job training programs, working with a mentor, and learning basic job and safety principles.
- Adhering to safety standards and maintaining safe storage areas.
- Ensuring the machines, equipment, and components receive proper cleaning and maintenance.
- Obtaining required technical knowledge to use various tools or computerized machines.
- Carrying or lifting heavy objects as well as squatting, kneeling, bending, or crawling in awkward positions.
You will also need to:
- Have physical strength, hand-eye coordination, endurance, depth perception, and the ability to concentrate on job responsibilities.
- Be continually attentive and mindful of your surroundings to keep yourself and co-workers safe.
- Be able to understand and communicate information. English language is also essential.
- Wear protective equipment/gear as necessary (glove, eye-wear, hard-hat, steel-toes, etc.)
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — This job will keep you busy and constantly moving throughout the day.
- Communication skills — provide information and coordinating with supervisors, co-workers, and external partners to carry out job logistics and daily responsibilities.
- Learning opportunity — a chance to pick up a wide variety of useful skills.
- Teaching & mentoring skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for advancement to supervisory or management roles.