Garbage Truck Helper - Waste Management Job in Brandon, FL
Location: Brandon, FL
Industry: Waste Management
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 25-79-6756
Are you looking for a flexible job that provides a crucial service? The Garbage Truck Helper is responsible for working independently or as a team member under direct supervision. In this role you’ll be responsible for many duties including collecting trash from residential and commercial properties as well as disposing it in landfills, recycling centers, or other waste management facilities.
If you can handle diverse tasks, in an efficient manner, while promoting worksite safety, provide excellent customer service and show pride and quality workmanship, then this role is for you!
Garbage Truck Helper responsibilities may include the following:
- Collecting trash from receptacles and curbs.
- Ensure the trash collected is stored properly.
- Report dangerous conditions and interruptions along assigned routes.
- Representing the company’s best interests while maintaining the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
- Maintaining a clean and safe sanitation route, while ensuring current landscape and property is not damaged in removing trash.
- Maintaining and caring for your personal or company provided equipment, tools and vehicles.
- Using garbage removal equipment proficiently and safely.
- Performing highly physical work outdoors, in all weather conditions.
- Working as part of a team and taking direction.
- Understanding and meeting scheduled deadlines without sacrificing customer service or quality.
- Submitting accurate timesheet records, submitted for review and sign-off by the required deadlines.
- Performing other tasks or projects as assigned.
You will need to have the following:
- Six months minimum previous garbage removal experience.
- Reliable transportation with valid driver’s license.
- Highly motivated, self-driven, flexible, and detailed oriented attitude.
- Professional in appearance and behavior.
- Great time management skills; available for seasonal long hours, a clear schedule to work all hours of the day, any day of the week, and a strong work ethic. This position may require holiday work.
- Punctuality and dependability, with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals of differing backgrounds, knowledge and skill levels.
- Ability to stand and walk, lift and/or move up to 50 to over 100 lbs.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active - the job will keep you busy and moving throughout the day.
- Customer service skills – dealing with multiple customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Enhanced communication skills – learning how to talk to diverse sets of customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills – avoiding and resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Teamwork – partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Teaching & management skills – helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career with opportunities for training, advancement to supervisory or management roles.