Framers - Construction Job in Panama City, FL
Location: Panama City, FL
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 25-23-4632
Are you skilled with your hands and small tools? Do you like working with wood? Do you like the sound of building, installing, maintaining, and repairing foundations, exterior doors, windows, floors, walls, and roofs? If all this sounds good to you, then a career as a Framer could be the right opportunity for you!
Framer responsibilities may include the following:
- Selecting, measuring and marking materials for exterior doors, windows, foundations, floors, walls and roofs.
- Cutting and shaping materials and joining them with nails, screws, bolts, or glue.
- Developing work plans.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints.
- Working mostly outdoors with varied hours based on the demands of the project.
- Working with power tools, lifting heavy materials, and kneeling or crouching for long periods of time.
- Receiving training to work safely and wear special equipment to avoid injury.
You will need to have the following:
- Understanding of carpentry techniques as well as methods of installation and construction.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects such as framing lumber, sheets of plywood and other building materials.
- Ability to understand math functions and calculations involving fractions.
- Must know how to read and interpret blueprints.
- Knowledge of building codes, on-the-job safety, and basic first aid.
- Dexterity and excellent hand–eye coordination.
- Physical stamina to be able to perform tasks repeatedly.
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- English language skills.
- Previous carpentry experience or completion of an apprenticeship program is very helpful.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — the job will keep you busy and moving throughout the day.
- Technical Expertise — learning to operate and master complex tools and machinery.
- Customer service skills — dealing with multiple customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Enhanced communication skills — learning how to talk to diverse sets of customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills — avoiding and resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Teaching & management skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training, advancement to supervisory or management roles, and self-employment. Those with prior experience increase chances of getting promoted or earning higher pay.
Less than 1 Year