Forklift Operator - Theodore, AL
Location: Theodore, AL
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 25-8-4652
Are you interested in driving heavy equipment or machinery? Do you like the idea of moving large objects and materials from point A to point B? Can you be counted on to ensure the safety of your co-workers and yourself? Well if you have any of these skills, interests and abilities, then we have the perfect job for you as a Forklift Operator.
The job responsibilities may include the following:
- Using a forklift to move, load, or unload items in a warehouse or industrial facility.
- Storing materials, documenting inventory and pulling items for production or shipping.
- Completing on-the-job training and certification programs, working with a mentor, and learning basic job and safety principles.
- Ensuring the machine, equipment and components receive proper maintenance, which may include cleaning, recharging batteries or replacing liquefied-gas tanks.
- Adhering to safety standards and maintaining safe storage areas by clearing obstructions from high-traffic zones like entry and exit points.
- Carrying or lifting heavy objects as well as squatting, kneeling, bending, or crawling in awkward positions.
You will also need to:
- Be able to understand and communicate information. English language is also essential.
- Have excellent depth perception and eye-hand coordination to operate the forklift.
- Receive training to comply with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Complete on-going training and evaluation at least once every 3 years.
- Be continually attentive and mindful of your surroundings to keep yourself and co-workers safe.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — This job will keep you on the move throughout the day.
- Communication skills — provide information and coordinating with supervisors, co-workers, and external partners to carry out job logistics and daily responsibilities.
- Learning opportunity — a chance to pick up new skills and learn the business from the ground up.
- Teaching & mentoring skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for advancement to supervisory or management roles.