Flooring - Fort Smith, AR
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 37-67-318
Are you interested in working on residential and commercial flooring projects? Do you have an eye for detail?
Well, if you want to enhance your skills and open yourself to career opportunities across almost every industry, then we have a great opportunity for you as a Floor Installer!
Floor installer responsibilities may include the following: :
- Measure, cut, and install various types of flooring such as carpet, wood, laminate, and tile.
- Prepare floor surfaces for installation such as sweeping, scraping, and sanding.
- Create floor foundations using concrete prior to installation.
- Smooth and secure flooring once installed.
- Reading and understanding blueprints.
You will need to have the following: :
- Basic math skills.
- Manual dexterity, a steady hand, and good hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to read technical manuals and shop drawings.
- Great communication and customer service skills.
- Experience using hand and electrical tools.
- Ability to speak or understand English.
- Good physical condition and endurance.
- Ability to stand and walk, lift and/or move up to 70 to over 150 lbs.
- Ability to pass random drug tests.
Your GainWhat you may gain while on the job:
- Communication skills - provide information to supervisors and co-workers by phone, in writing, or in person.
- Independence - Work independently and make your own decisions to meet your responsibilities.
- Staying active - Keep yourself actively busy and moving throughout the day.
- Rewarding career - opportunities for advancement to move into advanced skilled positions, supervisory or management roles.