Eviction Mover - Florence , SC
Location: Florence , SC
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 16-2-4305
Are you good at getting things safely in and out of homes, apartments, buildings, vans, and trucks? Can you carefully pack and wrap items to protect them in a move? Do you like working in different locations from day to day? Well, if you have these skills, interests, abilities and take pride in a job well done, then we have an opportunity for you as an Eviction Mover!
Eviction Mover responsibilities may include the following: :
- Moving furniture, household goods, and other various items as required.
- Removing trash and other broken items at the landlord’s discretion.
- Labeling cartons, inspecting items for defects, and keeping records of items packed.
- Wrapping and packing household goods to prevent damage from moving.
- Disassembling furniture.
- Using special machinery such as forklifts or moving dollies for heavy items and navigating stairs.
- Driving moving trucks as well as keeping track of mileage and fuel purchases.
You will need to have the following: :
- Have physical strength, hand-eye coordination, depth perception, and the ability to concentrate on job responsibilities.
- Have good organizational and time management skills.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be continually attentive and mindful of your surroundings to keep yourself and co-workers safe.
- Be able to understand and communicate information. English language is also essential.
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Carry or lift heavy objects and to squat, kneel, bend, or crawl in awkward positions.
- Work late or overnight shifts, if needed.
- Staying active — the job will keep you busy and moving throughout the day.
- Customer service skills — dealing with multiple customers, co-workers, and superiors.
- Enhanced communication skills — learning how to talk to diverse sets of customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills — avoiding and resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Teaching & Management skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training, advancement to supervisory or management roles, and those with prior experience increase their chances of getting promoted or earning higher pay.
Your GainWhat you may gain while on the job:
Less than 1 Year