Event Staff - Hattiesburg, MS
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 25-39-4241
Are you interested in working with people in fun and fast-paced environments? Do you have a knack for helping people, handling requests, serving food & beverages or just like the idea of working diverse events? If so, then an event staff job could be a great opportunity for you!
Event staff, related food & beverage and set-up jobs may require the following:
- Greeting and welcoming guests upon arrival and thanking guests when departing.
- Speaking with clear, professional language and answering questions about menu items, services, or special offers.
- Taking food or drink orders from customers and relaying orders to kitchen staff.
- Preparing food and drink orders, such as sandwiches, salads, meals, coffee and soft drinks.
- Serving food and drinks to customers at a bar, counter, stand, or tables.
- Working/operating concession stands, serving as ushers, ticket-takers, or security personnel.
- Cleaning or setting work areas, tables, or counters and replenishing and service stations, cabinets, and tables.
- Reviewing event orders and receiving instructions to prepare event spaces, including seating, buffets, beverage stations, tables, or setting up lighting, sound and scenery equipment according to event plan.
- Ensuring a clean and professional personal appearance, including uniform and nametag (if needed).
- Following food safety practices.
- Monitoring and maintaining cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned stations and service areas.
- Assisting co-workers in setting up/breaking down and storing buffets, tables, linens and other equipment.
- Standing, bending, climbing stairs, and carrying items weighing 25-50 pounds or more.
- Possibly working extended dining hours, early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
You will need to have the following:
- Strong communication skills and ability to listen carefully to customers’ orders and correctly relay them to the kitchen staff to ensure orders are prepared to the customers’ satisfaction.
- Positive attitude with ability to follow instructions and handle customer requests in a courteous and professional manner.
- Good physical stamina and the ability to stand for extended periods of time, carry heavy trays or equipment, clean work areas, and attend to customer requests without difficulty.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately.
- Good customer service skills.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — the job will keep you on the move throughout the day.
- Time management and organizational skills — handling multiple tasks and serving multiple customers at once.
- Enhanced communication skills — learning how to talk to diverse sets of customers.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills — avoiding and resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Teamwork — partnering with kitchen, bar, and management staff to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Teaching & Management skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
Less than 1 Year