Environmental Technician - El Monte, CA
Location: El Monte, CA
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 37-51-878
Are you an environmental guru who can use the principles of engineering, soil science, biology, and chemistry to develop solutions to environmental problems? Are you interested in working with scientists and engineers to explore and extract natural resources like minerals, oil, and natural gas? If you have the background and desire for this work, along with the skill to produce quality work, then this could be your next job!
Environmental Technicians responsibilities may include the following:
- Installing and maintaining laboratory and field equipment.
- Gathering samples such as rock, mud, and soil in the field and preparing them for laboratory analysis.
- Conducting scientific tests on samples to determine content and characteristics.
- Recording data from tests and compiling information from reports, computer databases, and other sources.
- Preparing reports and maps to be used to define geological characteristics of areas with valuable resources.
- Monitoring well exploration activities and recording data such as well temperatures and pressures.
- Documenting investigations and comparing actual productivity with estimates.
- Providing system and designs to reduce negative impact on environment.
- Serving as a technical advisor and ensuring environmental policies and standards are met.
- Conducting research and audits on environmental impacts, analyzing data and performing quality control.
- Developing resources management schemes.
- Provide systems technical evaluation.
- Addressing problems and developing environmental solutions to prevent damage.
- Collaborating with scientists, planners, and experts.
- Monitoring progress and providing recommendations reports.
- Documenting and maintaining plans, requirements, protocols, permits, and standard operating procedures.
You will need to have the following:
- Proven working experience as an Environmental engineer or Oil/Gas Technician.
- Hands-on experience with analytical, mechanical and compliance software (e.g. SAS, AutoCAD, etc.).
- Familiarity with quality assurance, documentation, environmental rules, regulations and best practices.
- Project and personnel management skills.
- Current professional engineer license.
- Advanced MS Office skills.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree with coursework in geology, math, computer science, chemistry, and physics.
- 2 years of postsecondary training in applied science or a science-related technology.
- Analytical skills specific to geological and petroleum data, including laboratory experimentation and computer modeling.
- Communication skills to explain findings to peers.
- Excellent critical-thinking skills.
- Interpersonal skills to work well as part of a team.
- Physical stamina to work in remote locations and carry heavy equipment.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — the job will keep you busy and moving throughout the day.
- Technical Expertise — learning to operate and master complex processes, analysis tools and machinery.
- Enhanced communication skills — learning how to explain findings to diverse sets of audiences.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure a cohesive team.
- Teaching & Management skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training, advancement to supervisory or management roles. Those with prior experience increase chances of getting promoted or earning higher pay.
Less than 1 Year