Electrician - Construction Job in Huntsville, AL
Location: Huntsville, AL
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 17-9-5934
Are you an experienced Electrician who can handle a variety of tasks relating to setting up and maintaining electrical infrastructure? Our ideal candidate has experience with different kinds of electrical devices and systems, including installing electrical wiring in buildings and poles, troubleshooting malfunctions and blackouts and repairing appliances.
If you can handle all this and work with pride and quality workmanship, then this role is for you!
Electrician responsibilities may include the following:
- Reading blueprints or technical diagrams.
- Installing and maintaining wiring, control, and lighting systems.
- Inspecting electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers.
- Identifying electrical problems using a variety of testing devices.
- Repairing or replacing wiring, equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
- Following state and local building regulations based on the National Electrical Code.
- Directing and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring or equipment.
You will need to have the following:
- Proven experience as an electrician.
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems.
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter etc.) and electrical drawings and blueprints.
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent physical strength, stamina and flexibility to work long shifts and overnight.
- Diploma in relevant vocational training or completed electrician apprenticeship.
- Valid license to practice as an electrician.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — the job will keep you busy and moving throughout the day.
- Technical Expertise — learning to operate and master complex tools and electrical systems.
- Customer service skills — dealing with multiple customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Enhanced communication skills — learning how to talk to diverse sets of customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills — avoiding and resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Teaching & Management skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training, advancement to supervisory or management roles, and self-employment. Those with prior experience increase chances of getting promoted or earning higher pay.