Drywall and Sheetrock installation - Construction Job in Ft. Myers, FL
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 25-13-9083
Looking for on-the-job training to advance your career while getting paid? Are you skilled with diverse physical tasks? Do you work efficiently and pay attention to detail?
We’re looking for drywall/ sheetrock installers who are responsible for smoothing out, leveling and finishing walls and ceilings on construction sites. If you’re familiar with this work and can handle it with skill and care to produce quality workmanship, then is role has your name on it!
Drywall/ sheetrock installer responsibilities may include the following: :
- Measure walls and ceilings.
- Apply drywall and sheetrock to walls and ceiling.
- Prepare and install panels to building framework prior to drywall application.
- Fit sheetrock into position using power tools or adhesives.
- Assemble metal or wooden frameworks.
- Seal drywall panels joints and seams.
- Cover up holes, cracks, and other imperfections.
- Cut openings for plumbing, electrical outlets, and air-conditioning units.
- Read and understand blueprints.
You will need to have the following: :
- Proven experience as drywall or sheetrock installer.
- Hand-eye coordination is an important qualities.
- Ability to read technical manuals and shop drawings.
- Great communication and customer service skills.
- Experience using hand and electrical tools.
- Ability to speak or understand English.
- Good physical condition and endurance.
- Ability to stand and walk, lift and/or move up to 70 to over 150 lbs.
- Ability to pass random drug tests.
Your GainWhat you may gain while on the job:
- Communication skills — provide information to supervisors and co-workers by phone, in writing, or in person.
- Independence — Work independently and make your own decisions to meet your responsibilities.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Staying active — Keep yourself actively busy and moving throughout the day.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for advancement to move into advanced skilled positions, supervisory or management roles.