Driver - Sarasota, FL
Location: Sarasota, FL
Job Type: Temp to Hire
Do you like driving vans or trucks, and being on the road? Are you good with making pick-ups, transports and drop-offs on schedule? Can you learn driving routes, follow detailed instructions and maintain traffic laws? Well if you can do all this and take pride in providing a vital service to customers, then we want to talk to you about an opportunity as a Driver!
The job responsibilities may include the following:
- Loading and unloading cargo.
- Communicating with costumers to determine pickup and delivery needs.
- Reporting any incidents they encounter on the road to a dispatcher.
- Following all applicable traffic laws.
- Reporting serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Keeping truck and associated equipment in clean and good working order.
- Accepting payments for shipments.
- Handling paperwork, receipts, or delivery confirmations.
- Planning routes and meeting delivery schedules.
- Collecting and verifying delivery instructions.
- Complying with appearance standards and wearing a company uniform.
- Working weekends, holidays, or extended hours.
- Carrying or lifting heavy objects as well as squatting, kneeling, bending, or crawling in awkward positions.
You will also need to have:
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Good health, physical strength, depth perception, and ability to concentrate on job responsibilities.
- Ability to understand and communicate information (English language is also essential).
- Customer-service skills, hen interacting with customers to make a good impression to ensure repeat business.
- Good hand-eye coordination, when driving, to observe surroundings while operating a complex machine.
- Math skills, to take payments, and be able to count cash and make change quickly and accurately.
- Patience when driving through heavy traffic, remaining calm and composed.
- Hands-on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, etc.).
- Ability to navigate city streets, roads, freeway, etc., and learn local areas.
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc.).
- Be willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — This job will keep you busy and constantly moving throughout the day.
- Communication skills — provide information and coordinating with supervisors, co—workers, and customers to carry out daily responsibilities.
- Learning opportunity — a chance to learn a wide variety of skills and industry knowledge.
- Teaching & mentoring skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for advancement to supervisory or management roles.