Dock Worker - Marine Job in Cedar Rapids, IA
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 37-13-1742
Do you like working in a fast-paced, marine environment? Are you detail oriented with an eye for quality? Are you good at tracking and inspecting items? And do you take pride in a job well done? Well if these skills, interests, and abilities describe you, then we’d love to talk to you about a Dock Worker position.
Dock Worker responsibilities may include the following:
- Securing ships that come into port including tying it to the moorings, deploying the oil boom, and hooking up the shore power. Preparing the gangway for loading and unloading cargo.
- Loading and unloading cargo to and from ships safely and efficiently
- Inspecting cargo for any defects or damage
- Keeping the dock areas clean and fully functioning.
- Maintaining dock machinery.
- Have physical strength, hand-eye coordination, depth perception, and the ability to concentrate on job responsibilities.
- Have good organizational and time management skills.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be continually attentive and mindful of your surroundings to keep yourself and co-workers safe.
- Be able to understand and communicate information. English language is also essential.
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Carry or lift heavy objects and to squat, kneel, bend, or crawl in awkward positions.
- Work late or overnight shifts, if needed.
- Staying active — This job will keep you busy and constantly moving throughout the day.
- Communication skills — provide information and coordinating with supervisors and co-workers to carry out daily responsibilities.
- Learning opportunity — a chance to learn a wide variety of skills and industry knowledge.
- Teaching & mentoring skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training and advancement to supervisory, management and skilled positions.
Your GainWhat you may gain while on the job:
You will need to have the following: :