Dishwasher - Hospitality Job in Cedar Rapids, IA
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 37-13-1888
Are you considering work as a Dishwasher? Well, if you’re looking for way to learn the food service business from the ground floor and work your way up then a dishwashing job might be right for you!
A job as a dishwasher may require the following:
- Washing dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, or pans using a dishwasher or by hand.
- Maintaining kitchen work areas, equipment, or utensils in a clean and orderly condition.
- Placing clean dishes, utensils, or cooking equipment in storage areas.
- Sorting and removing trash, placing it in designated pickup areas.
- Sweeping or scrubbing floors.
- Stocking supplies, such as food or utensils, in serving stations, kitchens, or storage areas.
- Cleaning garbage cans with water or steam.
- Cleaning food preparation areas, facilities, or equipment.
- Loading or unloading trucks delivering or picking up food or supplies.
- Moving equipment, supplies, or food to required locations.
In addition to a good sense of balance, depth perception and eye-hand coordination, an ideal dishwasher will have the ability to:
- Stand continually
- Communicate and work effectively with co-workers — speak and understand English.
- Make repetitive motions
- Make independent decisions
- Use two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Keep one hand and arm steady in one position while moving your other hand and arm.
- Coordinate two or more limbs (arms or legs) while sitting or standing, not while the whole body is in motion.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Learning opportunity — get a behind-the-scenes look at the food service or restaurant business.
- Communication skills — Provide information to supervisors, co-workers by phone, written form, or in person.
- Building Relationships —Provide service to others and working with co-workers in a non-competitive environment.
- Independence — Work independently and make your own decisions to meet your responsibilities.
- Staying active — This job will keep you actively moving throughout the day.