Digger - Construction Job in Colorado Springs, CO
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 25-47-13570
Looking for a job in construction with multiple career paths? Well if you’re good with handling a variety of physical tasks and different tools, know your way around a worksite, prioritize safety, and take pride in your work then we have a great opportunity for you as a trench digger.
The job responsibilities may include the following:
- Digging holes, padding ditches, and similar work in connection with construction and maintenance projects.
- Helping with setting poles by shoveling, piking, and filling anchor holes.
- Digging trenches, backfilling holes, or compacting earth to prepare for construction.
- Clearing undergrowth from right-of-way using hand tools or saws and piling debris to clear a path.
- Performing general cleanup of job sites following completion of work.
- Operating jackhammers, pavement breakers, earth tampers, or digging bars to break concrete or rocks.
- Driving truck to job site or to obtain or transport supplies and equipment.
- Using various hand and power tools.
- Obtaining required technical knowledge to use various tools, or computerized machines.
- Carrying or lifting heavy objects as well as squatting, kneeling, bending, or crawling in awkward positions.
You will also need to:
- Have physical strength, hand-eye coordination, endurance, depth perception and the ability to concentrate on job responsibilities.
- Ability to lift 50 + pounds.
- A valid driver's license, clean background and be able to pass a drug screen.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be continually attentive and mindful of your surroundings to keep you and co-workers safe.
- Be able to understand and communicate information. English language is also essential.
- Wear protective equipment/gear as necessary (glove, eye-wear, hard-hat, steel-toes, etc.)
- Construction experience is helpful, but no prior experience necessary.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — This job will keep you busy and constantly moving throughout the day.
- Communication skills — provide information and coordinating with supervisors, co-workers, and external partners to carry out job logistics and daily responsibilities.
- Learning opportunity — a chance to pick up a wide variety of useful industry-related skills.
- Teaching & mentoring skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for advancement to supervisory or management roles.