Demolition Worker - Construction Job in Richardson, TX
Location: Richardson, TX
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 21-5-4447
Looking for a skilled job in construction that can lead to a long-term career? Are you good at handling a variety of tasks and take pride in getting them done right? Do you know your way around a worksite and prioritize the safety of your co-workers and yourself? Well if you have any of these skills, interests and abilities, then we have a great opportunity for you as a Demolition Worker!
The job responsibilities may include the following:
- Tearing down anything from high-rise apartment buildings to bridges and factories.
- Using demolition tools, manually or mechanically, including heavy wrecking machinery and equipment.
- Blasting and/or using explosives or cutting torches.
- Reading and interpreting plans and specifications for a demolition project.
- Setting up and taking down ladders, scaffolding, and other temporary structures.
- Building and dismantling fences and gates.
- Stripping anything of value, such as pipes, radiators, and light fixtures from inside a structure.
- Working on ladders and with mechanical equipment as needed.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Assisting the foreman/supervisor on site with daily tasks.
- Obtaining required technical knowledge to use various tools, or computerized machines.
- Carrying or lifting heavy objects as well as squatting, kneeling, bending, or crawling in awkward positions.
You will also need to:
- Have physical strength, hand-eye coordination, endurance, depth perception, and ability to concentrate on job responsibilities.
- Receive necessary training and safety instruction.
- Ability to lift 50 + pounds.
- A valid driver's license, clean background, and be able to pass a drug screen.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be continually attentive and mindful of your surroundings to keep you and co-workers safe.
- Be able to understand and communicate information. English language is also essential.
- Wear protective equipment/gear as necessary (glove, eye-wear, hard-hat, steel-toes, etc.)
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — This job will keep you busy and constantly engaged throughout the day.
- Communication skills — provide information and coordinating with supervisors, co-workers, and external partners to carry out job logistics and daily responsibilities.
- Learning opportunity — a chance to pick up a wide variety of useful industry-related skills.
- Teaching & mentoring skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for advancement to skilled jobs and supervisory roles. Become an operating engineer, operating highly skilled machinery, i.e., crane operator, or supervisors or field superintendents. Blasters usually advance by increasing their skills, learning a greater variety of jobs, and increasing opportunities. Some blasters and wreckers open their own demolition businesses.
Less than 1 Year