Customer Service Representative - Austin, TX
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 21-1-5584
We are looking for a customer-oriented service representative to provide product/services information as well as accurately and efficiently resolve any developing problems that our customers might face.
The ideal candidate is excited to help customers and works with patience, understanding, and excellent communication. Customer service representatives can step into the customers’ shoes and advocate for them when necessary. Gathering customer feedback, problem solving, and responding efficiently to customer inquiries to maintain high customer satisfaction is the priority.
Customer Service responsibilities may include the following:
- Managing high volumes of incoming calls.
- Generating sales leads.
- Identifying and assessing customers’ needs.
- Building sustainable relationships and trust with customers through open and interactive communication.
- Providing accurate, valid, and complete information by using the proper tools and training.
- Meeting personal/customer service team sales targets and call handling quotas.
- Handling customer complaints, providing appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits; following up to ensure resolution.
- Keeping records of customer interactions, processing customer accounts and filing documents.
- Following communication procedures, guidelines and policies.
- Taking the extra mile to engage customers.
You will need to have the following:
- Proven customer support experience or other experience as a client service representative.
- Track record of exceeding quotas.
- Strong phone contact, handling skills, and active listening.
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices.
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of people.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- High school degree or equivalent.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active — the job will keep you busy throughout the day.
- Customer service skills — dealing with multiple customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Enhanced communication skills — learning how to talk to diverse sets of customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills — avoiding and resolving potential negative customer experiences.
- Teamwork — partnering with co-workers and supervisors to ensure customers are satisfied.
- Teaching & management skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Rewarding career — opportunities for training, advancement to supervisory or management roles. Those with prior experience increase their chances of getting promoted or earning higher pay.