Clean-Up Crew - Johnston, IA
Location: Johnston, IA
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 37-42-145
Are you a strong worker who takes pride in their work? Do you have a talent for making things sparkle … and the ability clean up a mess like it’s nobody’s business? Are you good at getting things in order and making sure the job is done right? If this sounds like you, then we have a great opportunity for you as a Clean-Up Crew Worker!
The job responsibilities may include:
- Cleaning assigned locations on a daily basis.
- Blowing off sidewalks, sweeping walkways/hallways, and removing any trash.
- Removing all trash, leaves, cigarette butts, paper, bottles and any miscellaneous items.
- Emptying trash cans by removing liner and replacing cigarette butt containers.
- Logging the work done at each location.
- Cleaning, sanitizing and organizing areas like rest rooms, offices, closets, corridors, guest areas and stairwells.
- Vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping floors and carpets within designated areas.
- Using snow blowers, floor buffers, and carpet cleaning equipment and other small machines
- Dusting, polishing, and cleaning all furniture and accessories.
- Washing windows and mirrors, removing stains or marks.
- Checking for damages to property, notifying managers of needed repairs, and making minor repairs.
- Moving or lifting heavy supplies and equipment.
- Working in shifts, possibly evening hours.
In addition to a physical strength, depth perception and eye-hand coordination, you should have:
- Ability to work in poor weather (rain, sleet, hail, etc.)
- A valid driver’s license with a clean, 3-year driving record
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Ability to pass drug test, physical, and insurance clearance.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. on frequent basis.
- Ability to stand, squat, sit, and walk interchangeably for long periods of time.
- Ability to push carts and/or lift equipment, performing various physical movements with required mobility for tasks requiring bending, reaching, or standing for up to eight hours daily.
- Ability to work in variable conditions like noise, odors, dust or temperature, with frequent interruptions.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Ability to follow instructions, demonstrate initiative and work independently.
- Prior related work experience is a bonus, but no experience required.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Communication skills — providing information to supervisors and co-workers by phone, in writing, or in person.
- Building Relationships — providing service to others and working in a non-competitive environment.
- Independence — Work independently and make your own decisions to meet your responsibilities.
- Teaching & mentoring skills — helping train and prepare new employees for the job.
- Staying active — Keep yourself actively moving throughout the day.