Class A Delivery Driver - Transportation Job in Colorado Springs, CO
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Temp
Job Ref Code: 25-47-13022
Do you like to drive tractor-trailers and flatbeds? Have you ever felt that you were meant for a life on the road? Do you take pride in your work… getting the job done on time… and providing a vital service? If so, then we want to talk to you about an opportunity as Class A Delivery Driver!
The job responsibilities may include the following:
- Driving short distances while delivering finished goods and raw materials to and from manufacturing plants, or distribution centers, and customers
- Reporting any incidents encountered on the road to a dispatcher.
- Following all applicable traffic laws.
- Inspecting vehicles daily to ensure safety and compliance with DOT regulations
- Reporting serious mechanical problems to appropriate personnel.
- Maintaining trucks and associated equipment in clean and good working order.
- Inspecting vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues as well as performing preventative maintenance.
- Planning routes and meeting delivery schedules.
- Complying with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Maneuvering trucks into loading or unloading positions.
- Collecting and verifying delivery instructions.
- Reporting defects, accidents, or violations.
- Carrying or lifting heavy objects while squatting, kneeling down, bending, or crawling in awkward positions.
- Operating crane and other equipment to load and unload flatbeds.
- Delivering excellent customer service.
You will also need to:
- Have 2 years of proven commercial driving history.
- Have a Class A driver’s license.
- Have good health, physical strength, hand-eye coordination, endurance, depth-perception, and the ability to concentrate on job responsibilities.
- Be continually attentive and mindful of your surroundings to keep yourself and others safe.
- Be able to understand and communicate information - English language is also essential.
- Have extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations.
- Have no moving or driving violations in the last 10 years.
- Ability to drive safely in residential areas.
- Ability to speak or understand English.
Your GainWhat you may gain while on the job:
- Learning opportunity - a chance to learn a wide variety of skills and industry knowledge.
- Customer service skills — dealing with multiple customers, co-workers and superiors.
- Building Friendships – meeting fellow truckers and building camaraderie.
- Rewarding career – job security and a chance to become an owner–operator, going into business for yourself.